Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Couple of Things

I know it seems like I've dropped off the face of the planet, but the fact of the matter is that I've been seduced by the Dark Side, and by the Dark Side I mean TV on DVD. It's this weird phenomena, I'm sitting at home, wondering what movie to watch and I can't decide. So what do I do? I decide I'll watch an episode of one of my TV shows on DVD, HUGE mistake. Why? Because the next thing I know, I get sucked in and I end up dedicating myself to a couple of days of watching a show! Ridiculous, I know. But, in my defense the shows I watch are pretty awesome: Doctor Who, Samurai Jack, Firefly, Undeclared, etc, etc. (or at least I think they're awesome, maybe I should review some of those...)
Anyway, that being said, I'm on my way back into the blogging world! I have a couple reviews on the way to help get you into the Christmas spirit, seeing that we're only 12 days away now; just a couple of my personal favourite 'holiday' flicks.
Also, and more excitingly (for me, and therefore you!) the Golden Globe nominations were just announced! I don't know about you, but I usually spend the months leading up to the Golden Globes and consequently the Oscars watching as many of the nominated films as I can. Sometimes that can be hard living in the movie black hole known as Prince George, where popular movies come and then proceed to use up a theatre for 2 months. Nonetheless! It's an exciting time for the Film major in me! And I'm proud to announce that I'm only one movie ('Happy-Go-Lucky') away from watching all the movies in the Best Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical! That rarely happens to me so early in the proceedings, except for the Best Animated Feature category; I never have problem seeing all of them. (P.S. this year's nominees are all pretty great.)
That's all for now, but I'll have a review out shortly! Until then, keep it reel.

1 comment:

filmguy said...

You could... review a TV show on DVD... I am sure that no one will tell on you!