Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Fine Idea...

...if I do say myself. I know my big Christmas themed blog posts fell through, but somehow the season snuck up on me and then was gone in a flash! Weird. Anyway, for 2009 (and maybe into 2010) I'm going to try to review all of the movies on AFI's top 100 list. In 1997 and in 2007 the American Film Institute put out a list of the top 100 American movies. They've put out various other lists as well, my personal favourite being the top 100 movie quotes, it's awesome. Anyway, I've been meaning to watch all the movies on these lists for quite some time and I figure what better way than to watch them and share them with you!?!
With both lists combined there are 123 movies, so I'm going to try and review about 10 a month...I know, daunting, considering my spotty history, but I'm hoping with a project I'll have more incentive to get it done (despite being the Queen of Procrastination). The only other problem might come from trying to find some of the older movies here in PG, but I shall persevere! I own #100 (well, technically #121), so no worries there.
So look out for that #100 on Monday! Until then...keep it reel.

No comments: